What's New at Riverbend Golfers Fantasy Golf Challenge
April 22, 2018
- Added link to League Settings page accessible from Home page. You must be logged in to access.
January 20, 2018
- Added ability for league commissioners to email all users who have not paid their league entry fee.
January 18, 2018
- For the Pick 3 Classic and Let It Ride formats, there is now the option to increase the number of times a golfer can be picked from four times per season to up 10 times per season. For the Pick 3 Classic format, with the mulligan feature, makes the maximum usages 11. Existing leagues can leave this setting as is or increase it based on what their league members prefer. This change does not apply to leagues playing the One & Done format.
December 15, 2017
- All 2018 leagues have been updated to use secure pages (SSL) meaning all pages start with https:// rather than http:// and offer greater security to site users. For example, you'll no longer see a security warning from your browser when logging in. This upgrade was done as part of the growing Google Secure Web initiative and benefit from the small boost in Google rankings as a result of going secure. Please edit any bookmarks you may have to point to the new URL (just add an "s" after http). Note that you will be automatically redirected to the secure URL if you continue to use the non-secure version.
September 1, 2017
- Added new feature to help league commissioners get the upcoming season up and running as quick as possible with minimal effort). League commissioners can now pre-load all teams from the prior season. On the Commish tab, when the Pre-Load Teams button is clicked, each user from the prior year will get a new team created (with the same name as before). This option is only available while there are no teams setup for the upcoming season, so it must done as a first step. Once the first team is created, the Pre-Load Teams button will be disabled. Teams created via the process can be easily deleted the league commissioner for any users choosing to opt out of the new season.
June 1, 2017
May 1, 2017
- A new Past Results button to the PGA Tour website with prior year results for the corresponding tournament. This button is available on both the Lineup and Results pages. It can be useful before the tournament starts to see who did well the prior year. It can be usefule after the tournament is over to verify the golfer earnings.
May 1, 2017
- A new Hot Team icon now appears next to team name in standings for teams with strong finishes over the past two consecutive weeks.
April 30, 2017
- Added new Prizes Trend Chart to the Prizes page. This chart displays the changes in the number of teams and prizes from the outset of the league. The chart data will only be availabe starting in year two of a league since two or more seasons are required for comparision purposes.
March 17, 2017
- A new commmissioner icon now appears next to the league commissioner's name in the standings.
March 15, 2017
- Weekly prizes can now be awarded for just the majors tournaments. This is a nice option for leagues that don't want to award a prize to the top team each week, but still want to spice it up for the majors. Alternatively, another great weekly prize option is the weekly skins contests. Weekly prizes are not recommended for the One & Done contests due to the large number of ties that occur when picking only one golfer each week.
Mar 10, 2017
- A second place can now be awarded for the following optional contests within a league:
- FedEx Cup
- Best Ball
Previously, only a first place prize could be awarded. The new second place prize is optional.
Feb 14, 2017
- Private league commissioners can include their Venmo Id in addition to their PayPal Id in the Entry Fee Instructions section.
- Added new name referrer field to the sign-up page for those leagues who want to track referrals. Some leagues provide a credit (e.g. $25) for each new league member recruited. It's a great way to grow the league, if desired. This feature is turned off by default.
Nov 26, 2016
- For private leagues, in their second year or later, there is option to pre-load your new season with last year's teams. Just reach out to the PTFG Administrator to have them run a script to automatically do this. Any users marked unsubscribe will get a new team. Otherwise, league commissioners can delete any teams not be playing in the new season. Commissioners can also change the name of any new teams, if desired.
Nov 18, 2016
Optional Skins Pool contest now available for all league formats. Here's how it works:
Your league designates an overall skin pool prize amount for the season. Any team that wins high score for a week, wins one skin. They do not have to pick the winning golfer. They simply need to have solo high score for the week (i.e. no ties). At the end of the season, the Skins Pool prize amount is divided by the number of skins won. The fewer number of Skins winners, the more each skin is worth. This is reflected on the Prizes page throughout the season. Each team winning a skin will have a next to their team name on the Standings page. The great thing about this optional prize is that it gives everyone something to play for each week -- regardless of what place they're in -- up through the very last week of the season.
Nov 15, 2016
For One & Done leagues, the In The Money (ITM) side contests can be individually enabled or
disabled for a season.
- Start of Season Streak
- Anytime Streak
- Most Weeks
- No Winner Picked
Nov 1, 2016
- Sessions are now called Segments. A season is typically made of multiple segments, but segments are also optional like before.
Aug 28, 2016
- Update Lineup page to be more user friendly for those using mobile devices.
Feb 1, 2016
- For private leagues which choose to include the 4 majors as a separate prize, there is now an option to include the THE PLAYERS Championship as a 5th major. Only the 4 majors will be used by default. If this is something you want enabled for your league, just reach out and let us know.
Feb 15, 2015
- Added a new weekly prizes format (optional). Now you can award a weekly cash prize to each team that finishes in first place. If multiple teams tie for with high score, the first place prize is evenly distributed amongst the tying teams. For example, if the weekly prize is $100 and 4 teams tie with high score, each owner will get $25.The existing weekly prize option allows you to award prizes for 1st, 2nd, and up through 3rd place. But any ties must be resolved by your private league commissioner based on whatever rules your league has come up with. For example, awarding the weekly prizes to the tying teams based on which team has the highest score in the following week's tournament. This existing format also allows your prizes to be non-cash prizes whereas the new format requires the prize to always be a cash prize since you can't split a golf shirt prize amongst 4 people! There are obviously a lot more weekly ties under the One & Done format versus the two Pick 3 formats. So your league format and the number of participants in your should be taken into account when deciding on whether to award a weekly prize. As league commissioner, weekly prizes mean more prizes that you have to payout. The good news is that the PTFG website tracks all of this for you, so you just have to write the checks and distribute them!
Feb 15, 2015
- Added new Season Winnings Summary page accessible from the Prizes tab. This new page is a great way to see a cumulative list all prizes won by each owner for a specified season.
Aug 15, 2014
- Added ability to sort Golfers Used by Majors and FedEx Cup standings (when applicable).
April 1, 2014
- New For Private Leagues: The Prizes tab now contains a form to claim your prize with your private league commissioner. A Claim Your Prize link will appear in the submenu section (if logged in) once your season completes. The prizes you won throughout the season will appear on this form which can be submitted to your private league commissioner Jeff Maynard. A confirmation email with your supplied mailing address and other information will be sent to both of you. It is not required that you use this functionality. It is up to each league as it's strictly for convenience.
March 15, 2014
- Users can now enter a secondary email address for all communications from the website including weekly lineup reminders, weekly results, missing lineup reminders, and other emails sent by the league commissioner. This setting is called the "CC Email" and is great option for participants who share a team or simply want all website emails sent to a second email address (e.g. work and home). It is important to note that only the primary email address can be used as the login Id and users CANNOT login within the secondary "CC Email" address. You can add a "CC Email" address to your profile by clicking on the My Profile link at the bottom of each page. If you are playing in multiple PTFG leagues, your "CC Email" can be different for each league. As a result, it must set it in each league.
March 5, 2014
- The Earnings Trend chart now includes each country club in the Compare To drop-down along with each team. Select a country club to display all teams for a that country club in a single click.
Dec 1, 2013
You can now select an alternate golfer when submitting your lineup.
If one of your starting golfers is a NO SHOW (i.e. does not hit one shot as per the
contest rules), then your selected alternate golfer will be used
instead. If more than one pick is a NO SHOW, they will get updated with NO SHOW so their usage
will not count.
Alternate picks will be automatically processed by the system between the 1st and 2nd rounds.
Therefore, you do not need to contact the PTFG Commissioner to update your lineup.
You will receive an automated email from the system if your lineup gets updated with your alternate pick.
In the unlikely event that your alternate pick is also a NO SHOW, your alternate pick will not
be used. Instead, your starting lineup will simply be updated with NO SHOW like prior years.
The list of each team's alternate pick and whether it was used can be viewed on the Alternate Picks
available via the submenu link on the Weekly Results page.
NOTE: Submitting an alternate is always recommended even though it is optional. If you do not make an alternate pick and then find out after the tournament has started that one of your picks is a NO SHOW, it's too late -- and too bad for you.
August 10, 2013
- Created new Prize History page which shows your prize history for all teams played in this league. This page is accessible via the My Prize History link on the Prizes tab once you're logged in. You can see the prize history for individual teams by click on the Teams Played column on the Career Winnings page.
June 12, 2013
June 12, 2013
- The Weekly Lineup page now shows your team's position for all standings. Before, only the season and segment standing positions were displayed. If your team is in the Top 10, then it has a color highlighting.
April 4, 2013
March 31, 2013
- Add new Total Golfer Usages page ranking the most popular golfer picks across all teams for the current season. This new page is available from the submenu links on the Golfers Used page.
Feb 28, 2013
- Added new missing lineup email reminder that is automatically sent out the morning of the tournament if you forgot to set your lineup. This feature is enabled by default but can be turned off via the User Profile settings at the bottom each page (i.e. My Profile link).
Dec 19, 2012
- Added new percent column for each prize on Prizes page. This is the percent of the total prize pool for each cash prize.
Nov 22, 2012
- Added new Career Winnings page accessible from the Prizes tab. This page ranks the top prize money winners in this league based on all years played.
Oct 21, 2012
- Added new Net Sub Effect (NSE) column to Weekly Results page. The NSE allows you see how much you improved your score by entering a sub. If you don't make any subs, your NSE will be $0. Only negative amounts should be considered as bad (or unfortunate). The NSE is for entertainment purposes only and has no impact on your overall score. You can mouse over the NSE amount to see how it was calculated. Click on the column heading to sort teams by their NSE amount.
Oct 10, 2012
- Updated charts to use Google's Visualization chart technology. As a result, you will notice a slight changes to the Golfers Picked & Dropped charts as well as the Weekly Earnings chart. Be sure to check out the "Cumulative" checkbox on the Weekly Earnings chart used to display cumulative weekly earnings.
Sep 27, 2012
- Added Mulligans Remaining (MR) count to the Segment standings page so you can easily determine if a team has any mulligans remaining in the contest when viewing segment standings. This column is not displayed on the Season standings since the total mulligans remaining is simply the total number mulligans allowed minus the Mulligans Used (MU).
April 15, 2012
March 21, 2012
- Now offering a 3rd fantasy format known as Let It Ride. Under this format, you simply pick 3 starting golfers each week and "let them ride". There is no weekend sub. The other two existing game formats are "Pick 3 Classic (with Weekend Sub) and "One & Done".
February 16, 2012
- Added "In-Progress" indicator to the Prizes page to indicate when a season or segment is still in-progress.
January 4, 2012
- A "No Cut" indicator has been added to the Schedule and Weekly Lineup pages for the select few tournaments which don't have a cut after the 2nd round. In other words, all golfers in the field should win some money.
November 20, 2011
- Minor changes to the site navigation to provide a cleaner look and feel. A sub-menu of links now appears below some tabs when they are selected. For example, on the Standings, Lineup, and Results pages.
August 10, 2011
- Users now have the option to receive an email notification immediately after the weekly results have been posted on Sunday night. By default, you will receive this email notification unless you choose to disable it. This option is available via your Profile page, which is accessible at the bottom of each page after logging in.
July 20, 2011
- For leagues which include the 4 FedEx Cup tournaments, a new FedEx Cup Standings link was added to the Standings page which displays the standings for just those 4 tournaments. A prize is also available for the top majors team.
May 27, 2011
Two new user settings available via the My Profile link on the the bottom of each page:
- Users now have the option to only receive the Wednesday morning set lineup reminder email if they have not entered a lineup. This also applies to the Friday sub reminder. If a lineup or sub has been entered, then you will not receive an email reminder.
- Users may now elect to receive a weekly summary of clubhouse message posts via email instead of just daily. The weekly summary is sent every Monday.
May 1, 2011
- For leagues which include the 4 Majors tournaments, a new Majors Only standings link was added to the Standings page which displays the standings for just those 4 tournaments.
March 5, 2011
January 23, 2011
- Added new League Career Stats page allowing you to see the stats for all teams played by a selected user for all seasons. Just click on the LC link in the far right-hand corner of the stats page.
January 22, 2011
- Added new Hall Of Fame (HOF) standings which ranks the top RGFGC performers of all time. HOF standings are for historical and entertainment purposes only. There are no prizes awarded for HOF results.
January 20, 2011
- Added Golfer News button (link) to weekly lineup page. Remember, it's always a good idea to check the golfer news the night before the tournament starts for any last minute withdrawals.
December 27, 2010
- Trophies won by each team are now displayed on the Stats page. Trophies won by each user (for their entire career in this league) are already displayed on the Standings page next to their name.
May 27, 2010
- Added new Prize Claim page for users to claim their prizes at the end of the season.
April 15, 2010
- Added "Winners Picked Total" column to the Stats page.
February 14, 2010
- Added new Purse Breakdown page showing the expected earnings for the top 70 golfers based on the PGA Tour's standard distribution formula. This formula has been used since 1979 for most tournaments excluding the majors and several other tournaments. The Purse Breakdown is for each tournament and can be accessed from the Schedule and the Results pages.
December 20, 2009
- Added new Best Ball Contest functionality. This optional side contest is available in selelect PTFG leagues.
November 19, 2009
- Added Show Password checkbox to login page which allows you to see your password as you type it.
November 1, 2009
- Added option to receive an email once a day containing all Clubhouse messages posted within the last 24 hours. This option is disabled by default but can be enabled via your user profile page (use the My Profile link at the bottom of each page after logging in).